Thursday, February 10, 2011

I consider my husband a genius. I mean, he's not a certifiable one or anything...but he's pretty dang smart. He loves information. He soaks it up like a sponge and loves every minute of it. He knows so much random information about so many topics. Big, small, super important, worthless, pointless, necessary, everything. I've found in my relationship with him that he knows just enough about everything to solve many of my problems in life :)

I know it's important not to idolize anyone or anything, and I don't. I know that no person will ever supply all of my needs and that God is the only one who could ever fulfill my spirit the way it needs to be fulfilled. That being said, my husband is my best friend, my go-to guy, my other half. He has an answer for everything, and even though his desire to be right can drive me out of my mind, I love his spirit, his intelligence, his humor, his heart. There is no one in the entire world I'd rather spend time with than him, and I think that's important and will be necessary years into this marriage.

I'm reading a great book right now, that I heard about from Jessie Mathis's blog called Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. It's a little nerve racking because it's very real and up-front about the challenges and hardships that can and will hit a marriage. Honestly, it makes me nervous. There are so many opportunities for pain and unhappiness to sneak into a marriage quietly while no one is paying attention and plant seeds that can tear people apart eventually.  I just get worried sometimes when we have little fights or when I am too short with him or I do something stupid that I'm planting seeds that are going to grow into awful things in the future. But I'll continue reading and praying and working on myself and trust that God has built our relationship so far and will continue to keep us strong as long as we are trusting Him and bringing Him glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment