Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've always wanted to be more consistent with eating meals together with Robert. For the majority of the time we dated, he worked at a Honda dealership and often wouldn't get home until 8 or 9. This meant that if we wanted to eat dinner together, it was generally around 10pm. No bueno. And I always said that when we got married we'd live together and therefore hopefully find some sort of routine when it comes to meals, at least dinner.
Not happening
haha

Most of our inconsistency comes from the fact that he works during the day at his shop and I tend to work at night a lot. Usually we can eat lunch together at his work, but I really long for a time when we can have consistent family time where we sit and eat a meal together. I think most of this stems from the fact that growing up, dinner was important in my family. We always ate together and that was our one consistent time when we were talking and listening and just being with each other. I really loved it, and I want the same sort of family time with Robert.


Thankfully, the last 3 nights we've eaten dinner together. Last night we had really good chicken and potatoes. McCormick makes these little packets with a recipe on the back that comes with all the spices you'll need for the meal. It felt like cheating, it was so easy. In fact it was as easy as...




hahah
A man and his video games. And just to clarify, he actually made the meal. He makes most of our meals, in fact. Such a good husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment