Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Life Update


Oh my gosh, there is so much happening in this little life of mine!

Instead of rambling on about whatever, I'll do one of these:



Obsessing Over: Going on a date tonight with my wonderful husband. We're going to dinner and to see Cabin in the Woods. I have not stopped hearing about this movie for the past 2 weeks, so it's on!

Working On: Reading Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin. I'm only a chapter in, and it's amazing. He is honest about the ever-present struggles of our hearts, and I think this book is going to change the way I see leading worship in general. I'm so blessed to be a part of a small group right now that is spending the next year focusing on being good stewards of our gifts and the church we're a part of. There is a ton of good stuff being crammed into my brain and heart right now. I love it.



Thinking About: How much more discipline I want to have. Can someone come kick me out of bed every morning at 6:15? Rob isn't volunteering for that role, but I really need some motivation.

Anticipating: Travel! We're flying to Arizona in a month to see Rob's cousin get married. That means 3 days of no work, just pure, hot, Phoenix-y goodness. I love flying. I love the smell of the airports and all the people and the excitement of going somewhere new. I've never been to Arizona before. We're going to take a day and go to Sedona and just explore. I can't wait!

Listening To: Just my typing and the dripping of water through a hole in our ceiling. I was listening a few minutes ago to an NPR interview with Hugh Laurie.  Oh and now I'm listening to a Glee version of "Without You." Ohmygosh, so good.

Drinking: Mountain Dew right now, though I know it's terrible. I'm also trying to get through 4 bottles of water today, but we'll see...



Wishing: That the "bold" button didn't just break...
Other than that, I'm not wishing for much. I'm so thankful for where I'm at right now. After a long time of spiritual sleep, I'm finally opening my eyes to God's hand on my life, and He is so good. His presence is good. He is shaping me so much, and I'm finding how much better everything is when I work with Him instead of expecting Him to do it all without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment