Wednesday, February 2, 2011

There's a lot going on. B90x. 511FavorFast. Prayer. Searching. Growing. Learning.
It's a lot to keep track of.
God is busy :)

I've read through the bible once or twice altogether, and it's always interesting to me what God will reveal to me this time that He didn't the last time. Or really, the way my heart/eyes/ears are opened in new ways each time. This time around it is wholehearted worship and service to the Lord. All throughout the books of Samuel, Kings and Chronicles (as well as others), there are countless rulers and leaders who are given the chance to redeem Israel by trusting the Lord with their whole heart, tearing down the idols and pagan shrines, and turning His people back to Him. And almost every single one of them fails. Some fail completely and disastrously. Some fail...kind of. They fail...mostly. Those are the ones that interest me. For some reason this stuck out to me in my reading today:

"Amaziah did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight, but not wholeheartedly" - 2chronicles 25.2

Amaziah did some things that pleased the Lord. But his heart was not completely devoted to God, so He did not give Amaziah victory in the end.
I have a big problem with this. I know I am serving God in some areas of my life, but maybe I'm not really serving Him wholeheartedly. There are pieces and sections of my life that are devoted to things to do not please Him, things that take my attention away from Him.

My prayer is that He would touch every area of my life. That I would learn day by day, piece by piece to commit my whole heart and life to Him. That I would not just serve Him in some areas but trust in Him and live for Him in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment