Tuesday, February 1, 2011

511 Favor Fast, day 1

Well the 511FavorFast is underway! So far, today has been very boring. I'm not overwhelmingly hungry, but all of this is making me realize how much I love food and how much our lives revolve around it. When I think about what Robert and I will do after work: food. When I think about what we'll do when we hang out with friends: food. When I think about work: food.

I'm also realizing that perhaps I need to embark on a fast from something more distracting and detrimental to my relationship with God than food. Mainly, the internet. I can literally waste entire days away sitting in front on my computer on facebook, twitter, and tumblr. The internet is my idol. It needs to change. So I will continue on in our food fast, but I also want to cut back on my time on the internet and do a type of fast from that as well.

So for the next 4 days of the Favor Fast, my goal is to spend less time wasted and actually use this time of fasting to communicate with and hear from God. I want to use this week to seek Him, to pour my heart out to Him, to receive songs I know He wants me to write, to read and soak Him into my own heart and spirit. I've neglected my relationship with Him for far too long. I'm great at thinking about things, but I'm not so awesome at actually doing. Thankfully, God has not given up on me yet, and there is always the promise of the chance to start over.

1 comment:

  1. I started one today too.. The Daniel fast + facebook :) 20 days to go

    ReplyDelete