Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tonight we're throwing a little party with some of our friends at our new apartment. We're calling it a housewarming party but 1.) it's not a house and 2.) it's also a mini birthday party for our friend, Blake. It should be a lot of fun.

I'm trying my hand at using our crock pot that we got well over a year ago and have only used once or twice. I found a recipe for vegetarian chili made with sweet potatoes and I'm hoping I didn't find a way to screw it up :)
My friend Caleb helped me cut up everything for the chili, and it was great. It's wonderful to be reminded how amazing your friends are, and Caleb is one of the greatest. He's one of those people who are not afraid to openly talk about all the amazing things God is doing in his life, and it's really refreshing. We're blessed with a lot of great friends aaaand I can't wait to hang out with them tonight.

I'm also making guacamole for tonight. Robert and I tried our hand at this one a couple months ago and it was disastrous. We got lazy with the onions and ended up with what tasted like avocados mixed with onion puree. Disgusting. BUT this time will be much better. And less onion-y.

We'll see how it all goes down in just a few hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment